Django Day Copenhagen 2022
- Talk: Thinking in SQL with Django
- Event: Djanjo Day Copenhagen 2022, April 8th 2022
- Organiser: Django Danmark
- Where: Onkel Danny’s Plads, Copenhagen
- Github repo: @jvzammit/cph22
Thanks go to the organisers for the excellent conference. Off the top of my head:
In Django applications, models provide the interface for accessing relational data.
But the boss in accessing relational data is SQL. ORMs came later. In fact SQL first appeared in 1974!
This talk shows how thinking in SQL first can result in very efficient data access in Django.
And how the Django ORM provides all the tools needed for this code to be easy to read and maintain.